The following scholarships are available for CFBISD educators:
Kathy Shelton Scholarship
1. Applicant must be a current teacher in the Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD and must have been a teacher in the Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD for a minimum of three years.
2. Applicant must be working toward a master’s degree or a doctorate in special education and/or working toward a special education certification through a university teacher certification program.
3. Financial circumstances will be considered but will not be an overriding, determining factor in the recipient selection.
Patricia A. James Memorial “Love of Teaching” Recognition Grant
1. Applicant must have five years or less classroom teaching experience
2. Applicant must be currently teaching a K-6 grade
3. Applicant needs to be nominated by school principal, district staff, teacher OR by self-nomination
4. Applicant my only apply if he/she has NOT previously received this grant
5. Applicant must be teaching in CFB district at the K-6 level for the next school year
Suzy Hager Endowed Fund for Gifted Education
1. Applicant must be a current teacher in the Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD
2. Request must be for courses/workshops that indicate an advanced study in gifted education.
3. The course/workshop should be approved by the Department of Advanced Academic Services.
To apply for any of these scholarships please visit our application site.